All I Want (Alabama Summer #2) by J. Daniels | Review



Description from Goodreads:

Luke Evan is a heartbreaker.
I didn't want to give mine to him. Not when he kept me out.
He gave me enough, just enough to make me fall in love with him. I say this to convince myself. But I know the truth.
I would've fallen in love with him at a distance.
Handing my heart over to Luke was the easiest thing I've ever done. I was naive when I wished for more, when I hoped he wanted the same things I did.
I try to hate him. I try to forget him.
But it's not that easy.
Love is a ruthless bitch, and I'm her latest victim.

Tessa Kelly is a man-eater.
When she sets her sights on you, she doesn't just consume your heart, she goes for your soul.
What we had was perfect, real, and all I would ever want.
But she destroyed it.
She destroyed us.
I try to hate her. I try to forget her.
But it's not that easy.
Love is for people who have hope, and I have none.
All I Want was featured in my first ever First Impression Friday right here! I really enjoyed what I'd read of All I Want when I shared my first impressions, and I can happily say that things only got better. I made no secret of how much I loved Where I Belong, the first book in the series and All I Want followed on perfectly from the POVs of Tessa and Luke. 

I liked Tessa straight away, she was brilliant in Where I Belong so it was only natural that she'd continue to amuse in the sequel. Luke is a slightly different story, he was so frustrating! He clearly loves Tessa, yet keeps insisting he hates her, all while dangling a plethora of women in front of her. Of course he hates it when she tries to do the same thing, and intervenes because he wants to and he's a man. Luke's open about the fact that he doesn't feel he can handle a relationship, especially not the part where you open up, share your life with another person and rely on them for support. But he'll happily sleep with her exclusively. Of course

Tessa wants way more than just sleeping with Luke, she wants the whole package. He leaves her heartbroken time and again after leading her on. While reading All I Want I was (and still am) listening to Taylor Swift's new album like crazy! It's basically been on repeat since Christmas. I was listening to Blank Space and one of the lines just instantly jumped out at as being perfect for All I Want

"Boys only want love if it's torture"

I'm sorry, but that's the perfect fit for All I Want in my opinion! It seemed to me that Luke obviously didn't want to have a relationship with Tessa, but still wanted her close, torturing the hell out of her!

There was lots of tension and drama in All I Want, making for a very entertaining read. I have no issues with the book at all, I loved it and I'm so happy that it didn't follow so many sequels and ruin the experience of the series for me.

I think it's pretty clear that I loved All I Want. Let me know what you thought of it if you've read it, and if you haven't I'd love to know your thoughts too!

'All I Want (Alabama Summer #2)' by J. Daniels
5 Stars

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,