First Impression Friday | All I Want by J. Daniels


Recently I've been reading a lot of books that have me feeling one way at the beginning, and completely differently by the end. I thought it would be really fun to document my feelings towards a book, and get your opinions on what I'm reading while I do!


I read the first in this series a while back now and as I finished and saw that there's a sequel I knew I wanted to read it. There were two chapters cleverly built in towards the end of the book with POVs of two of the other characters. I loved it and now here I am reading the second book.

I knew I loved the characters as I've already followed them in Where I Belong, so there's nothing new to report there. I already know Luke and Tessa's back story, but there's lots of information about their history spread throughout the beginning of the book, so it definitely seems like a book you could read alone.

Tessa and Luke broke up at the end of Where I Belong, and it was pretty clear that they were both keeping a lot hidden from each other. This is definitely clear already, the alternating chapters between the POVs is working really well to reveal how they each feel about the other and their relationship. Tessa wants more than Luke's willing to give, although he is crazy about her. 

The plots's definitely following the path I thought it would, but I'm not annoyed by the predictability as I really like the characters. One thing to note about All I Want is that there's a whole load of sex, whether they're doing it or just talking about it, it doesn't really bother me but I know it can be a deal breaker for some people.

I'm going to continue reading All I Want, I really like the characters and I want to see how they sort out their messed up relationship. Have you read All I Want? Let me know what you think!

Labels: , , , , , , ,