Wishlist Wednesday | The Opposite of You by Rachel Higginson



This week's Wishlist Wednesday post is spotlighting one book, I have a load of Pop's and no real room for more, I have a lot of books that I need to read so I'm not buying anymore until I read a couple I already have, and there's nothing I'm really after aside from more space for bookcases, but that's something that I can magic myself. If you want to see my previous Wishlist Wednesday posts then head over to the page dedicated to them which has a rundown of my posts and a little explanation about Wishlist Wednesday.


Title: The Opposite of You






Author: Rachel Higginson






Release Date: March 30th, 2017










Description from Goodreads:

I've sworn off men.

All men.

Famous last words, right? You're expecting some epic tale of reluctant love and my dramatic change of heart? Well, you're not going to get it.

I'm stubborn. And headstrong. And I've just survived the worst three years of my life. After escaping an abusive fiancé to live in hostels and cheap hotels while I worked mt way across Europe, I've come to two conclusions.

The first? Now that I'm back home, I'm going to squander my expensive culinary degree on a food truck that caters to the late night drunk crowd.

The second? I'm going to prove the bastard across the plaza that my street food is better than his fussy five course monstrosities.

Killian Quinn might be Food and Wine's Chef to Watch Out For. He might have a Michelin Star. He might have every food critic in the city wrapped around his too-large fingers. But he's also pretentious and unbearably arrogant and the very opposite of me.

So he can keep his unsolicited advice and his late night visits and his cocky smiles. I want none of it. Or him.


I want the opposite.




I am really looking forward to this book! This adult contemporary sounds right up my street, first off, I love the hate to love trope, it's one of my favourites in contemporary novels, so that immediately caught my eye.

I don't know if it's just me, but the food truck element, especially the competitive relationship between the two reminded me of the film What To Expect When You're Expecting. A great film, and it had a similar relationship between Anna Kendrick and Nate from Gossip Girl. I really enjoyed that story line in the film, so the similarity that I noticed really excited me! I am really looking forward to seeing how their relationship plays out, especially if we have ourselves a stubborn and headstrong leading lady. 

The synopsis definitely caught my attention and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this book! I love that the protagonist sounds sassy and admits herself that she's headstrong (something I love to see in characters) so bring on March when I get to read this book!

You can preorder the book now on Amazon!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,