First Impression Friday | Love, Rosie


First Impression Friday is a weekly feature hosted here at Alexandra Florence Books. I've been finding that what I think about a book changes a lot from beginning to end, so I thought it would be really fun to share my first impressions of a book, and hopefully read yours too! If you want to join in all you have to do is link your First Impression Friday post in the linky, grab the picture and make sure you link back to me!


Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern

Well, isn't this just the cutest thing going! Love, Rosie is told through a series of letters (and emails when they become teens) between Rosie and Alex, lifelong friends. The novel begins with Alex and Rosie passing notes in primary school around the age of 5. I started reading this book on the bus, and honestly it probably wasn't the best idea I've ever had. The notes were brilliant, they really echo the writing of children of a similar age and they made me laugh! Hence why it was awkward reading this book on the bus, I think the woman I was sat next to thought I was going crazy.

Alex and Rosie are really close friends, they're actually each other's only super close friends. Through their written communication you can really tell that they're close, and yet again I'm going to mention the humour. Turns out Cecilia Ahern is really hilarious.

I think I've fallen for Rosie, I really love her, I think she's brilliant and I want everything to work out for her. I like Alex too don't get me wrong, it's just that so far he hasn't made as much of an impression as Rosie.

I don't really know the storyline of Love, Rosie, I purposely avoided reading up about it when the film was released. I want to be surprised by whatever happens. I do know from the blurb that there's a bit of romance between Alex and Rosie, and I think Rosie's initial jealousy at Alex getting a girlfriend was a good early indicator. But can we all just agree right now that they need to both buck up and tell each other! At the moment they're avoiding telling each other how they really feel, and it's just silly. They're clearly made for each other, and I'm saying that when I've only got a third into the book!

The questionable communication issues aside, I can tell that it's going to work well in the plot and that Love, Rosie is going to be a firm favourite of mine.

What are you currently reading? Let me know in the comments!


Labels: , , , , ,