First Impression Friday | The Hooker and the Hermit


First Impression Friday is a weekly feature created here at Alexandra Florence Books. I've been finding that what I think about a book changes a lot from beginning to end, so I thought it would be really fun to share my first impressions of a book, and hopefully read yours too! If you want to join in  all you have to do is link your First Impression Friday in the linky, grab the picture, and make sure you link back to me!



The Hooker and the Hermit by L. H. Cosway and Penny Reid

The Hooker and the Hermit is really funny, I've been making use of the highlight function on my Kindle as I make note of all the passages and one liners that grab my attention.

Annie takes shy to a whole new level, she mainly works from home, only going into the office two days a week, and finds it extremely hard to make eye contact. Being shy is definitely something I can understand and relate to, and it makes the whole potential relationship with a famous Rugby player very intimidating. 

Ronan is Irish, so you know, I love him. 

I should probably elaborate. I adore the Irish accent, seriously adore it. If I'm watching TV and an Irish (male) starts talking then I'm all ears and everyone else in the room better quit talking ASAP. 

So, yeah. I like that Ronan's Irish. But you know what I really like? That there's no ridiculous Irish jargon littered throughout, that everyone with a brain knows Irish people actually don't say. So kudos to L. H. Cosway and Penny Reid for forgoing all that.

I like Annie and Ronan's developing relationship, that Ronan is pushing Annie out of her comfort zone, which, let's face it, is pretty damn tiny. But that's only in the real world. Online, Annie is completely different. She's adopted an online persona for her blog, which is very popular. In the online world Annie is completely different, and it's really nice to see the other side to Annie's personality that she keeps hidden.

Ronan keeps dropping lots of little hints. Basically, Ronan is a dominant, don't get me wrong I have absolutely no issues with BDSM, I just was not expecting it in this book. I'll power through regardless, so expect a review soon!

What are you currently reading? Let me know in the comments!

get the InLinkz code

Labels: , , , , , ,