First Impression Friday | The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski


First Impression Friday is a weekly feature created here at Alexandra Florence Books. I've been finding that what I think about a book changes a lot from beginning to end, so I thought it would be really fun to share my first impressions of a book, and hopefully read yours too! If you want to join in all you have to do is link your First Impression Friday in the linky, grab the picture, and make sure you link back to me!



The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski

I've only just started and I'm in love all over again. I say again because The Winer's Curse blew me away, it was my stand-out novel of 2014. Kestrel and Arin are the perfect couple, they didn't quite get together, but the build up was oh so sweet and INCREDIBLE!

I'm pretty sure I sat with my jaw touching the floor after I finished The Winner's Curse, just wanting to know how they were going to get together! Because, let's face it, Kestrel and Arin are about as far from being a couple at the end of the first book as possible. And I still don't know what's going to happen.

So far The Winner's Crime lives up to my expectations and the first book. So that's a big deal, how often do you start the second or third book in a series just to be completely underwhelmed? Marie Rutkoski is continuing to blow me away.

The writing is once again incredible, I love the world building and the character descriptions. There has been some serious swoonage and I'm only 37% into the book!

I could go on and on about my love for Kestrel and Arin, because I do love them. They just need to finally get together, but how?!

I am going to devour The Winner's Crime, so expect a review early next week.

What are you currently reading? Leave me a link below!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,