First Impression Friday | Someone Else's Fairytale by E. M. Tippetts


First Impression Friday is a weekly feature created here at Alexandra Florence Books. I've been finding that what I think about a book changes a whole lot from beginning to end, so I thought it would be really fun to share with you my first impressions on a book, and hopefully read yours too! If you want to join in all you have to do is link your First Impression Friday in the linky, grab the picture, and make sure you link back to me!


Someone Else's Fairytale by E. M. Tippetts

I saw this book featured on a post listing loads of cheap Kindle books, I looked it up and sure enough it was free. That, and the Hollywood romance were all I needed to download it.

The book starts with Chloe and her two friends on their way to be extras on a Hollywood movie, set in their university campus. It doesn't take a genius to work out that the gorgeous Hollywood actor, also from the small town in Albuquerque, is going to fall for Chloe. 

I'm about a quarter through the book now and I'm unsure of whether or not I like Jason (said Hollywood actor). He seems a little too smooth and pushy. I don't know how to explain it, to me something just seems off about him. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that Chloe isn't into the Hollywood rich and famous scene.
As she so gracefully puts it, 
"I could see why millions of women found him dreamy. I just found him odd. He was too perfect looking."
That, along with the rest of Chloe's narrative has put me off him a little bit. But you never know, by the end of the book I might be singing his praises.

I don't know about you, but if a gorgeous man, celebrity or not, started contacting me and getting his flirt on then I'd probably swoon a little, or maybe a lot. For Chloe there is no swooning. Not only is there no swooning on her part the dialogue is really dry, and not in a good way. There's no humour or life, it's dead.

I'm hoping that Someone Else's Fairytale will pick up in the dialogue front, I'll definitely keep reading it, and you never know, I may just end up falling for Jason after all!

What are you currently reading? Leave your link below!

Labels: , , , , , ,