First Impression Friday | Make Me Up by Avery Flynn


First Impression Friday is a weekly feature created here at Alexandra Florence Books. I've been finding that what I think about a book changes a whole lot from beginning to end, so I thought it would be really fun to share my first impressions of a book, and hopefully read yours too! If you want to join in all you have to do is link your First Impression Friday in the link, grab the picture, and make sure you link back to me!


Make Me Up by Avery Flynn

I'm around about the 40% mark with this book, and already I've experienced some minor ups and downs. 

I'll start off by saying that so far I really like Cam and Drea. Drea loves makeup so she's got that going for her, but she's also fiery and stubborn, qualities I like in a female lead. Cam's the bad-boy heartthrob with a troubled past. Actually, they've both got troubled pasts, so I can see some serious bonding coming along over that. 

I like the characters, which is a serious must if I'm going to enjoy the book. My issue came when immediately someone was dead and Drea was a suspect. I have no problems with mystery or crime books. Hell, I devoured Steig Larson's Millennium trilogy, all I wanted was a little more time before it all went down. 

I'm not letting that stop me though, I'm going to carry on reading and I have a feeling that Make Me Up is going to be a book that I really enjoy. I've already got my whodunit theories, so it looks like it's set to be a goodun. 

What are you currently reading? Leave your link below!

Labels: , , , , , ,