I Need You by Jane Lark | Review



Description from Goodreads:

Guilt can eat away at you, but love can cut like a knife...

Lusting after his best friend's girlfriend is a cliche Billy knows well - it's the tightrope he's walked for years.
But now Jason and Lindy have broken up and Billy can't but be there for the girl he's from afar for so long. She's hurting.

Fighting to find a road to the future, Lindy's heart hurts. She's trying to escape the truth, but Billy keeps making her face it - and it's ugly. How can she keep living when everything is made of glass and it keeps shattering?

Her one constant is Billy. Only, rebound isn't his style and when Lindy starts to see him in a different light, he just can't trust her. He's no one's second best.

It took me a while to finish I Need You, I started it before Christmas but sadly it got forgotten about in the excitement and festivities. During my daily train journeys I discovered the Kindle App, the perfect way to read when you're commuting, especially, if like me you have no room in your bag for a Kindle.

I didn't particularly like the characters in I Need You, and I didn't particularly dislike them either. For me they were very bog-standard characters, although Lindy was definitely a more interesting and complex character.

The time changes in I Need You were often very sudden and jumpy. I was reading and on minute they were just getting back from their holiday and then it was two months later. This mainly happened towards the end of the book and left me wondering if Jane Lark was trying to squeeze more in.

Have you read I Need You? Let me know what you thought in the comments!

'I Need You' by Jane Lark
3 Stars

Labels: , , , , , , ,