Books That Need To Be Films | Books and Films #3

This is the final part of my Books and Films Feature, which is actually quite sad. I've had so much fun creating these three posts, and I'd love to know what you thought of them! In this post I'll be sharing the books that I think NEED to become films. There's always a book that you finish reading, knowing that it would transfer perfectly onto the big screen. Here are my picks of books that would make great films!




The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski

I ADORE this book. I genuinely think it's my favourite book of the year (I've read it three times already). The more I read it the more convinced I am that it would be an incredible film. Could you imagine the costumes? The dresses sound so spectacular and decadent, I can imagine them on film. And really, who wouldn't want to see Arin and Kestrel falling in love on the big screen? The Winner's Curse is one of those stories that I would LOVE to be in the film adaptation of! 

The Manifesto On How To Be Interesting by Holly Bourne

I really enjoyed this book (check out my review here) there's definitely a similarity to Mean Girls, but who didn't love that film? So wouldn't The Manifesto On How To Be Interesting translate into film really well? I'd love to see the transformation Bree undertakes in her mission to become cool and interesting. I think that this book would make a really interesting and enjoyable film, a modern twist on Mean Girls.




The Selection Series by Kiera Cass

Described as The Hunger Games meets The Bachelor, I was instantly hooked. It's a dystopian twist on Cinderella, what more could a girl want? There seem to be more and more dystopian books making their way onto the silver screen, so why hasn't The Selection! All three books are fantastic and take you through a world wind of emotions! I'd love to The Selection as a film, Warner Brothers I'm waiting.



Type N by Michelle N. Onuorah

I first saw this book listed on a Goodread's Giveaway, and after reading the premise I was smitten. Nicolette discovers that her blood does not fit into any known blood group, and when given to her sickly brother it not only heals him, but also cures him of his cancer. Research begins and it's soon discovered that Nic's blood is the cure to all known diseases, putting her in the spotlight to become the most sought-after citizen. I adored this book, the idea is so unique and fascinating, plus the man hunt that begins really ups the suspense and tension. After loving this book so much it's no surprise that I think it would be great as a film!



Candor by Pam Bachorz

Candor was the first dystopian book that I ever read, and I adored it. Oscar lives in a town created by his father, a town that transforms teenagers into respectful and compliant model citizens through subliminal messages. Oscar meets Nia and must decide between saving her, or keeping her in Candor. It's Big Brother on steroids. This book was just SO GOOD! On top of the incredibleness that is this novel, there was a huge twist which made me love it even more! Candor needs to be a film purely because I love it so much!



The Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren DeStefano

If Candor was my first dystopian book, then Wither, Fever and Sever were the next first three, so they hold a special place in my heart. These books are filled with tension and suspense and then some. With only fours left to live Rhine is kidnapped and sold as a bride, vowing to escape. There'a deadly disease that kills all females at twenty, and all males at twenty-five. A father-in-law that's hoarding corpses in the basement, and a blossoming romance. This trilogy has all you could ever want from the dystopian genre and more. I'd love to see this book on the big screen as I love the characters so much!

They're all of my list of books that I want to see as films, but I'm sure that the more I read, the more this list will grow! What books would you love to see on the silver screen? Let me know in the comments! If you're new to the blog then I'd love you to follow me on Bloglovin'!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,