Forever Re-Read


A lot of the time I finish a book thinking it was pretty good, knowing that I never have the intention of reading it again. It's pretty rare that I find a book I love so much that I want to read it again. But some lucky few have made their way into an elite group of books I'll forever re-read.



The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski (eBook)
I'm IN LOVE with this book. The Winner's Curse quickly became one of my favourite young adult dystopian books, quite a hard task when there's so many books in these genres. The tension. The suspense. The development of Kestrel and Arin's relationship. Serious swoon. I love Kestrel and Arin, they're one of my favourite book couples. I've already read The Winner's Curse twice, and I can safely say that I'll be reading it again.



Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Oh Mr Darcy, what have you done to me?




The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Great Gatsby was one of the texts that I had to study for AS English Literature, and honestly, I didn't enjoy it when I first read it. I couldn't figure out what all the hype was about. Then I read it two or three more times, and I REALLY liked it. Gatsby is my favourite character, he's such a babe. And I feel so sorry for him. 



Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
I had to read Wuthering Heights for A2 Englih Lit, but with this required read I loved it from the very beginning. How could you not love Cathy and Heathcliff's passionate love story?

He's more myself than I am.

The Kate Bush song Wuthering Heights added to my enjoyment as well. It's such a good song. My love for Wuthering Heights extended so far as to put songs to the book (sounds super sad, but it was with the whole class). I mean, seriously, is Someone Like You the perfect fit for Heathcliff's return or what?
Heathcliff is a legend of a character, sure he becomes super duper nasty near the end, but is that not from a broken heart?
Wuthering Heights is incredible. I really do love it.



The It Girl Series by Cecily von Ziegesar
Cecily von Ziegesar is more commonly known for the Gossip Girl series, but I never really got into those books. But I did love The It Girl books. They are a series of ten books, and follow Jenny (Dan from Gossip Girl's little sister) and various other characters through their lives at the prestigious private school Waverly. I first started reading these books years ago, and devoured them within hours. When I was waiting for the next book in the series to be released I would read the other books again. It's safe to say that I've read them all a lot. I can navigate the first book really well, finding certain parts super quickly. I've recommended these books to so many friends, and they've all adored them. They don't posses a significant and thought provoking message, but they are a really fun read, and I know that I'll enjoy them whenever I pick one up.



The Selection Series by Kiera Cass (eBook)
I fell in love with this series while on holiday last August, I patiently waited for the final two books and I wasn't disappointed. And now I've found out that there's going to be MORE BOOKS! I can't wait until next year when we get to rejoin America and Maxon. I'll definitely be reading the original three books again before the release of the next books.



The Maze Runner by James Dashner
I loved James Dashner's take on the dystopian world. I'll definitely be reading the rest of the books in the series and reading The Maze Runner again, got to make sure I digested everything!

Do you agree with my list of books that I'll forever re-read, or are there more that you'd add to the list? Let me know in the comments! If you're new to the blog I'd love you to follow me on Bloglovin'!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,